Saturday 4 June 2011

Lush Caca Brun Henna £7.25



Now I have to be honest, I was a little nervous before using this product as I had never tried it before and recently I have been having some seriously bad hair days. Rather than bother to do a strand test I just jumped right in, I mean does anyone do a strand test? It is a little messy to apply and it does look slightly like cow poo but I wasn't going to let that put me off. I decided to grate it into boiling water and smear it all over my head and try and dye my eyebrows at the same time. I was worried that it appeared green and did have visions of dying my hair a nasty mould colour It does feel really nice when it goes on and after wrapping cling film around my head it stayed lovely and warm. I certainly doesn't smell as bad as chemical dyes and after two and a half hours I washed it. Stupidly I decided to do it while I was in the bath so it did look like I wash washing in mud afterwards. I was pleased with the result though. My hair felt soft and nourished, not at all what it feels like after conventional dye. The colour wasn't as strong as chemical dyes and didn't do anything to my eyebrows but I was very pleased with the results as my roots now matched the ends and that was all I was really after.