Sunday 3 March 2013

Nads Brazilian Bikini Wax £9.39

Body hair removal is one of those annoying yet necessary tasks that I have to find time for every month unless I want to turn into a small monkey. The most annoying and painful of them all is bikini waxing and normally I go to a salon to have it done but decided to try Nad's kit after I was assured that it was simple and quick to use.

There are four shapes to choose from, a heart, a strip, a triangle and for the more daring a lightening bolt. The shapes are four stickers that you can cut to size and use for a template. The wax is scented with mango and peach which is lovely, I've used hair removal cream that smelt like a punishment whereas this makes you feel like you are treating yourself. You need to heat the wax until it has the consistency of honey and test it on the inside of your wrist to make sure it's not too hot, the last thing you want to do is burn yourself.

Rather than use strips to take the wax off you leave a small curl at one end to pull the strip off. It took me a few goes until I got the hang of it and at first I underestimated the amount of wax I needed to put on. If you don't use a thick layer it comes off in smaller pieces rather than one strip. I started off applying very small sections and slowly built up the surface area the braver I got. It took me longer than it would at the salon but I think I would get the time down each use. I am not going to say it was painless as that would be a lie but it isn't as bad as you think it is going to be. It's a sharp pain but over in a fraction of a second and totally worth it for a salon finish at an at home price. 

No comments:

Post a Comment