Monday 4 March 2013

Vaseline Intensive Rescue Range

Vaseline has been the nations go-to-favorite for lip care for years but there is more to the brand than the little metal tins we know and love. Vaseline also have a great range of body care products and I was lucky enough to try some of the intensive rescue range. Now that the weather is retreating from subzero temperatures it will soon be time to expose winter neglected skin so an intense pampering session is required.


First up I tried the moisture locking cream (£4.49) which accelerates dry skin's ability to repair itself. The area I was most concerned about was my shins as these become particularly dry in the winter months. I find that any product with perfume in it can dry out my skin and irritate it after shaving so always opt for an unfragranced product like this one. It has the thickness of a body butter but soaks into skin much faster than a body butter would meaning all the product stays on your skin and doesn't transfer onto towels or clothing. It only took one or two applications on my shins for the skin to look and feel smoother and got rid of all the dry skin patches. I also found it was great for softening the skin on my ankles and feet which is great as I find when applying fake tan these areas really soak up the tan and can end up orange. Now I just need to remember to apply the moisture locking cream before tanning for a longer tan and no orange patches.



I also tried the hand cream (£3.49) as the cold weather has really done a number on my hands. Not only is the skin on my hands suffering but also my cuticles are in a pretty dire state. The soothing hand cream instantly softened my cuticles and the round patches around my knuckles. It's non greasy but leaves an invisible protective coating on your hands which means you can carry on with tasks as normal as you don't have to wait for the cream to soak into your skin. I like it use it last thing at night so that I wake up in the morning with lovely soft hands. All the products in the range are really great prices, you get a luxury feel from the products without a heavy price tag. Every bathroom needs this range in the cupboard to banish any dry winter skin and reveal the soft skin underneath.

No comments:

Post a Comment