Thursday 12 July 2012

Sweat Guard


Ok so it's not the most glamorous product but we all sweat and some more than others. Nothing ruins a look more than putting your arms in the air to find massive sweat patches in your pits. Grey clothes are notoriously bad for it and as most of my tops are grey when I go out I am constantly checking to see if I have the dreaded sweat patches. 

While regular antiperspirants help there are some times when something stronger is needed. Take my latest day out in London. The cold weather meant wrapping up warm but then walking around combined with the hot tubes meant that I was constantly going from hot to cold. Not only that but the stress of meetings and getting to places on time meant that sweating was a real threat. Thankfully though after several long hours there wasn't a hint of wet patch on my top. If I hadn't of used sweat guard I can guarantee that I would have had huge wet patches. Also from my day of traveling around I think this should be made compulsory for anybody travelling on the tube. 

I didn't have time for a shower before going out and my quick change was something akin to superman in a phone box so I was unsure whether the product would last all night. What turned out to be a few drinks turned into somehow finding myself in a very hot and cramped club. Normally this would be a nightmare situation of not being to raise my arms for fear of the change in colour on my top, not on this occasion though. 

You might expect it to smell horribly medicinal but its actually got a very pleasant minty fruity smell. The bad news is that it isn't available in your local Boots, in fact its not available anywhere other than the website and at £19.97 it isn't the cheapest on the market. If you find that regular antiperspirants don't cut it though and from speaking to my friends many of you don't this is really worth the investment. 

Another product on the site is the dress shields, a stick on absorbent pad that you stick to the inside of your clothes that stops any sweat from getting onto your clothes. It's best worn with shirts so perfect for when you have that important job interview and are more likely to be sweating. One less thing to worry about it the stain under your arms. Starting at £3.99 for 10 then provide a reassuring barrier on your clothes so even if you are sweating buckets no one needs to know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment