Monday 16 September 2013

WEN Cleansing Conditioner

The days of having to use shampoo and conditioner are over. Now one product does the job of both and it does it superbly, a new concept in haircare has arrived. Chaz Den noticed that the detergents and sodium laurel sulphates strip the hair of natural oils, which can make hair frizzy, fade colour and dry out your scalp. He developed WEN available now at QVC a revolutionary new concept in haircare that contains no detergents or sodium laurel sulphates.

You use a dollap all over your hair, massaging into the scalp for a few minutes and combing through, then leaving for five minutes on the lengths of the hair. It doesn't lather up so I was slightly concerned that it wouldn't clean my hair as well as a normal shampoo but that wasn't the case at all. As soon as I rinsed the cleansing conditioner out of my hair it felt really clean but also well moisturised. The mint scent is lovely and refreshing and pleasantly tingles your scalp.

I thought it would either be dry or still greasy but as soon as I dried my hair it looked and felt really clean with loads of bounce and root lift. After a few uses it made my hair much more manageable to the point were I don't have to dry it to stop it going frizzy and the ends especially are much more polished. I've noticed that I only have to wash my hair every 3 days rather than every other day that I had got into the habit of.

I was really surprised at such a dramatic improvement in my hair condition after using WEN for a few weeks. It's got a lovely shine to it and is much easier to style but even if I can't be bothered to style it it isn't really manic and all over the place. It might cost slightly more than your average shampoo and conditioner but in the long run it is cost effective as you don't have to wash your hair as often and you save on styling products and time styling your hair. I also found I don't need to deep conditioner my hair every week as WEN has left it in such good condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment