2 tsp curry paste
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 pints vegetable stock
2 tsp vegetable oil
1) Cut all the vegetables into cubes, all roughly the same size. The smaller the cubes the quicker they will cook. Leeks and onions don’t have to be cut as small as everything else as they cook faster.
2) Heat the oil in a large stock pot and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and onion and fry for a few minutes on a medium heat.
3) Chuck all the vegetables in and the curry powder, give it a good stir.
4) Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil then turn down the heat till the soup is gently simmering. Place a lip on the pan ajar so it is not fully covered.
5) After the soup has simmered for 30 minutes it should be ready to blend, check by sticking a knife in a cube of potato, if it slides through gently then it’s ready.
6) Blend into a thick and creamy soup and serve with crusty bread.