Sunday 7 October 2012

The Skin Clinic

I have always hated the small mole I have had on my face but never really thought about doing anything about it until my sister got rid of hers. She got married last month and beforehand decided to have hers removed. Mine was, according to my dad 'far uglier than hers' and seeing the results of hers I went ahead and booked an appointment. It was scheduled for the day after my sisters wedding so to say that I was feeling delicate was an understatement. 

I had done a little research into costs before I booked and the Skin Clinic was by far the most reasonable option, in some cases well over a 1/3 of the price. You would be forgiven for thinking that maybe with lower prices the service wouldn't be as good, you would be very wrong though. The Clinic itself it light, airy and professional. The receptionist was very friendly and sweet as was Dr. Ward who instantly put any worries I had about pain out of my mind. She had a calming nature and talked me through the process and aftercare advice in depth. I knew what to expect from the procedure and what results I would get before she went ahead.

The procedure itself was virtually painless, only a little scratch and that was it, face mole gone. No blood, no pain, I would say a bee sting is more painful than Dr Wards mole removals. The most unpleasant part is the cauterizating, the smell isn't great but it is over with so quickly it didn't bother me.

It took two weeks for the scab to fall off and that was only hard as I was desperate to see what was underneath it. When it finally did I was so happy with the results and can't believe I waited so long to have such a relatively minor process. If you look closely you can see where the mole used to be, the skin is lighter and I will need to be extra carefully with protecting my face from the sun in future. I am much happier with a barely noticeable and easy to cover up scar than I was with my mole.

If anybody is considering getting a mole removed, whether it be for cosmetic or medical purposes I would strongly recommend the Skin Clinic and have taken the time to vote for them in the Cosmetic News Award for 'Best New Clinic".

No comments:

Post a Comment